CHANGE TO MOD RULE

( ・・)σ Make sure you stay up to date on these. You CAN reply to threads here.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: CHANGE TO MOD RULE

Postby fenglee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:37 am

hi there, sorry for not being around.

I always think that MODs are cool, a game without mod is , in some ways , a failure. but it's kinda embarrassing since the advertisement income will decrease if everybody have a mod and don't visit the website at all.

so I won't just say ok,let's ban mods, or have this mod link on the website and encourage people to download.guess I better keep silence.

some mods on the other hand are bad, people use it just to ruin other's game,in the public server, it's kinda childish ,I don't like this kinda of mod at all.
but actually since you can easily decompile the game and get the source code, you can do anything, there's no way that i can ban these bad mods.

and how about put those fun parts of mod in my game?well, since the game is actually making money for me, I personally don't want to use other's code or stuff, otherwise it's unfair for modders. I have used aya's code for fixing bugs on the multiplayer of the old version , and I used some codes for the stylish system which is also design by aya and bope, and that's all. I didn't use or see any other's code.anyway if i see something fun enough i would still like to put it in the game.

also I heard that UNITY5 will enhance the performance on webGL and plugin and stuffs like that,so ,looking foward to UNITY5 , I hope this can fix the performance and loading issue.

well, and one more thing I would like to mention , is actually Jiang has left the ‘team’ since february, so I was working alone again. Jiang's last legacy is the horse, he finished it long ago and I just didn't have the time to put them in.
I ask Jiang to join me was for another action game, seems like we didn't work out, so I'd just stick with Aottg.
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
死亡是永恒的宁静而生就意味着战斗
fenglee
Site Admin

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:49 am

fenglee wrote:hi there, sorry for not being around.

I always think that MODs are cool, a game without mod is , in some ways , a failure. but it's kinda embarrassing since the advertisement income will decrease if everybody have a mod and don't visit the website at all.

so I won't just say ok,let's ban mods, or have this mod link on the website and encourage people to download.guess I better keep silence.

some mods on the other hand are bad, people use it just to ruin other's game,in the public server, it's kinda childish ,I don't like this kinda of mod at all.
but actually since you can easily decompile the game and get the source code, you can do anything, there's no way that i can ban these bad mods.

and how about put those fun parts of mod in my game?well, since the game is actually making money for me, I personally don't want to use other's code or stuff, otherwise it's unfair for modders. I have used aya's code for fixing bugs on the multiplayer of the old version , and I used some codes for the stylish system which is also design by aya and bope, and that's all. I didn't use or see any other's code.anyway if i see something fun enough i would still like to put it in the game.

also I heard that UNITY5 will enhance the performance on webGL and plugin and stuffs like that,so ,looking foward to UNITY5 , I hope this can fix the performance and loading issue.

well, and one more thing I would like to mention , is actually Jiang has left the ‘team’ since february, so I was working alone again. Jiang's last legacy is the horse, he finished it long ago and I just didn't have the time to put them in.
I ask Jiang to join me was for another action game, seems like we didn't work out, so I'd just stick with Aottg.

There is really no way to stop the bad mods?

You could pay the modders so that you can add them in the game. So it won't feel like you stole it.
There are some really cool suggestions that are against modders, you should read them.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby fenglee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:15 am

Annie Leonhardt wrote:

There is really no way to stop the bad mods?

You could pay the modders so that you can add them in the game. So it won't feel like you stole it.
There are some really cool suggestions that are against modders, you should read them.

basically you have the source code you can do anything.
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
死亡是永恒的宁静而生就意味着战斗
fenglee
Site Admin

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:21 am

Can't you do something to stop them from getting the source code?
I don't know much about modding and stuff.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Miracle » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:06 am

Annie Leonhardt wrote:Can't you do something to stop them from getting the source code?
I don't know much about modding and stuff.

The problem is that Feng doesn't want to stop every mod as it's not a wise decision to do so.
Miracle

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:15 am

Miracle wrote:The problem is that Feng doesn't want to stop every mod as it's not a wise decision to do so.

He can add the mods he likes in the game, and if he wants he can give credits/money to the owner.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Miracle » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:30 am

Annie Leonhardt wrote:
Miracle wrote:The problem is that Feng doesn't want to stop every mod as it's not a wise decision to do so.

He can add the mods he likes in the game, and if he wants he can give credits/money to the owner.

How does they even mod if Feng prevent anyone from obtaining the source code.
Miracle

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:37 am

Oh, I forgot about that.
Can't he give the exe to trustable members (like Bope) so they can make mods?
I don't know, I'm out of ideas.
Another solution would be to ban every mod, but Feng doesn't want that. (like most of the players)
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Noodler » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:09 pm

I'm a bit miffed that you didn't tell us this earlier, better late than never though.
Next time please make a thread saying Jiang left the team or something, doesn't have to be super long. We like to be informed.
Noodler

Postby Accelevi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:49 pm

Feng, I know at least one modder who already has code that can be carried over to every mod, so every time the mod is opened (the exe to be specific), then it'll open your game site, so it simulates a visit per play.
Also, I know for certain another modder has code to block out mods, abusive mods would be the only ones blocked iirc, but I'm not sure on that part.

And what about Lava Mode? You didn't take that code from ATUG?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to Staff Announcements 2 - Where you can contribute!